“In all my years of community work, the 25 I’ve spent with Housing Assistance have been the most satisfying. We have done many great things over the years, but I believe some of our best projects are our most current.”
- Bill Stricker, donor and organizational founder
In 1988, Bill Stricker, Al Kissling, Bill Garrison and others formed Housing Assistance Corporation. Having spent 42 years in the building industry as Vice President of Marketing for the Pease Company, prepresntative of the National Home Manufacturer’s Association in Iran in the 1970’s , and Vice President of Marketing for Pete Green in Hendersonville, Bill understands the fundamental role housing plays in the lives of people and has used his time and resources to contribute to his local community through Housing Assistance.
Donors are Housing Assistance supporters, partners, and ambassadors in the community. They embrace the mission of providing safe and affordable housing for individuals and families with limited income.
Ways you can give to those served by Housing Assistance:
- Annual Campaign: Donations generated by the direct mailings provide the building blocks for the many programs and services implemented throughout the year.
- Online Giving: Simply go to housing-assistance.com and click on the DONATE button. It is an easy and secure way to give a donation any time of the year.
- Event Sponsor: Fundraisers for a cause is a way for businesses and other organizations to support the work of Housing Assistance.
- In-Kind and Mission Generated Donations: Homes, land, professional services, trees, building materials, event space, and food for a fundraiser have all been donated for Housing Assistance properties for various occasions.
- Designated Endowment: Make a gift that is deposited in an investment account and the interest is used for an identified purpose Endowment last forever and touch many lives.
- Corporate Partner: Have a business that believes that every human being deserves the opportunity to have a decent home? Housing Assistance will be your community partner.
- Legacy Gift: A planned estate is a once in a lifetime chance to assure that your passion for helping those in need of affordable housing will be honored and remembered.