Housing Assistance Corporation is seeking a proven and successful social entrepreneur executive with political savvy and community development leadership skills to work with the Board of Directors, collaborating organizations, and staff to successfully implement key real estate projects, retool programs, and obtain the necessary commitment from key funders and community leaders.
The new Executive Director must be a business minded but socially conscious individual with proven experience implementing multi-million dollar projects and managing people to achieve team goals. Housing Assistance is prepared to offer the new Executive Director a market-based compensation package based on experience and achievements.
Housing Assistance has a local and regional reputation for being the leading developer of new, high-quality affordable housing in Henderson County, NC. Housing Assistance is the longest operating USDA Rural Development Self Help program grantee in the state of North Carolina, and has developed 291 apartment units, 156 single-family homes, and performed countless home repairs during the last 28 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Housing Assistance seeks an energetic, entrepreneurial executive who can bring a full range of leadership and community development skills to the organization, including:
Real Estate Development
- Oversee successful implementation of Oklawaha Village, a mixed-income multi- and single-family development of almost 100 units.
- Assist with identification and acquisition of real estate for future multi- and single-family developments.
- Identify and execute in-fill, major repair, or home replacement development opportunities to create and/or improve local affordable housing availability.
Program Funding and Financing
- Have the ability to determine funding needs and oversee execution of project/program budgets
- Knowledge of affordable housing funding and institutional investments
- Maintain communications with existing funders, public and private
- Identify new funding sources and pitch proposals to potential investors, financiers, and grantors
- Assess and report program results to funders and community investors
- CEO/Executive Director experience a plus with prior major project oversight and management.
- Budgeting and fiscal management experience with an excellent track record of accomplishments.
- Oversee administrative staff and program operations.
- Collaborate with the Board on policy issues and maintains regular communications. Work with the Board President to continue implementation of active Board-led committees with engaged members
A bachelor’s degree is required. Candidates with a master’s degree and/or non-profit management program post-graduate training or certificate will be given priority.
To apply please either mail or email a current resume and cover letter no later than July 29, 2016 to:
P.O. Box 2057
Hendersonville, NC 38793